Friday, December 30, 2011

An Introduction






Dreams are curious phenomena that fill our subconscious during our unconscious moments. Sometimes we are brought back to places we almost forgot about, reintroduced to old acquaintances or even plunged into realities we never considered. Dreams can elicit a range of emotions from joy to intense fear.

Some people think dreams are nothing other than bits and pieces of events and feelings that we experience during our waking moments that rise up through layers of our subconscious, manifesting themselves in images and events. There are others that believe God can give dreams and visions to us in order to send us messages. He certainly did that to all sorts of individuals in the Scriptures.

What is your take on dreams? Can they have a meaning or are they meaningless and trivial yet sometimes intriguing and fun?

Have you ever had a dream you just couldn't get out of your head afterwards without telling someone? I thought it would be an interesting and fun project to create a blog where bloggers could come and post their dreams. If you are interested, please submit them to: dreambucket7@gmail.com

Anything pretty much goes...The only thing that won't be accepted are sexuality graphic dreams...that's for another site! :)


I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!


10 comments:

  1. This is a most interesting subject for a blog, Jessica. I'll be following closely and sharing my dreams too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corinne! I look forward to your participation! I'm not sure how this will go..it's an experiment of sorts..I guess we'll all see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jessica,

    Have shared my thoughts. Please review my email.

    Take care
    Debanjan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debenjan...I will check my mail shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, I used to dream all of the time when I was younger and remembered most of them. They seemed very real to me. But now, I don't seem to have dreams, or if I do, I don't remember them :( I do believe dreams hold significance to us in various ways. Just not sure because I didn't always understand mine LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting subject Jessica! Andrey and I always make a point to tell each other our dreams. I can dream very weird things :)

    http://nelietatravellingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/12/reflecting-on-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i dont do any writing for a while i sometimes dream of the next part of my story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending an email with dream content...
    You already know how I feel about dreams.
    They are God's language spoken to individuals, if we are willing to listen and learn from them. They are sent for our guidance, protection, instruction, and contemplation.
    Wishing you the happiest in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great topic for an intro. keep up writing this blog. i will keep updated.

    stay connected :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just now discovered this blog, and I love the concept! I firmly believe in the power of dreams to communicate to us. I often am given very strong messages in the dream state. What I find works best for me with interpretation is writing the dream out in its entirety, and then discussing it with someone close to me. As dreams (of mine) always involve a lot of symbolism and obscure analogies, it takes being a detective and analyzing to figure out the messages. Happily, I'm an analytical person and most of the time, I am able to decipher those messages. I've been so successful with this, that I've become the Go To Dream Interpreter amongst family and friends.

    What I tell people is, write the dream out, or tell it to a friend and speak to them as though they've just hit this planet and you know you have to explain everything in minute detail, even what you feel is mundane. It's in that retelling that you usually have those "a-ha!" moments and the message becomes clear.

    I hope to see you do more with this concept, Jessica! :)

    - Dawn

    ReplyDelete